[at-l] Harpers Ferry to Boiling Springs

I did a two week section from Duncannon south to Harper's Ferry this past
August.  I resupplied in Boiling Springs(PA), Fayetteville(PA), and
Smithsburg(MD).

The Rite Spot motel in Fayetteville will pick up and drop off from Caledonia
state park for a fee.  Just call them from the phone outside the pool in the
park.  The owner ran me by the grocery store in town the next morning on my
way back out to the trail.  New AYCE mexican food restaurant by the motel
but it wasn't doing much business and might not be open this year.

It was a long walk and a short hitch to the Food Lion in Smithsburg.  Ate a
good dinner in an Italian restaurant in the same strip mall as the Food
Lion.  I called a taxi to get me back up to the Ensign Cowall shelter for
the night.

The Old South Mountain Inn at Turners Gap was closed on Monday when I walked
by but I hear it's good for a meal if you can afford it.

I ate at Pen Marr County Park (snack bar only open on weekends so I steath
camped on the trail near the park friday night for food the next morning),
Caledonia State Park (snack bar open every day and be sure to take a dip in
the pool here), Pine Grover Furnace State Park (Iron Masters Hostel and a
convenience store right next door so you could cook your own dinner at the
hostel if you prefer) and Green Mountain General Store (at PA 34 close to
the trail and you can also purchase some limited supplies here).  I'd buy a
couple of sandwiches at each stop.  Eat one there and carry one with me for
another meal on the trail.

I also recommend staying at the Inn at 230 just across the river from
Harpers Ferry.  It's not really a days hike north of Harpers Ferry but it's
a really great hostel with incredible food.

You can also hitch into Boonsboro(MD), Waynesboro(PA), South Mountain(PA),
and Mt Holly Springs(PA) but I can't vouch for those towns.

Too Tall