[at-l] Trail Cooking

--
We've read about dehydrated (instant?) refried beans, but are UTL in our
local grocery stores.  Where do you find these, or do I just need to
dehydrate my own?

I know hikers eat a lot of macaroni and cheese and Lipton's noodles, but
notice that the packages require LONG simmer times.  Is there a special
kind you guys use, or do you just boil water and use a pot cozy and let
them sit?  If the latter, how long does mac and cheese need to sit?

We have an MSR Superfly canister stove (which will accept many different
types of canisters).  How much trouble will we have in finding canisters
while on the trail?

If we opt to go with white gas or alcohol stove instead, how do you go
about resupplying small qualities of fuel?  Do you share with other
hikers, leave your extra in a hiker's box, or is it available in
small-ish quantities?

Thanks for the help-

Laura