[at-l] antiperspirant: a good thing

--- William Neal <nealb@midlandstech.com> wrote:
> I find just daily washing (of myself and clothes) is usually
> enough -- even if I use nothing but plain water.
### I know some people really like this, as do I on my face and
arms, but as soon as water hits my pits (including a swim!), MAN
but the stink do fly. Like it was liberated. That and the time
(I could be walking!) nuke it for me.

> I would not wear anything with scent while on the trail.  At
least not since I had a friend chased by bees and not since I
heard that bears get PO sometimes by scents.
### Not been my experience with antiperspirants, and I don't use
them that much anyway.

> Also, I've found baking soda mixed with talc works fairly
> good.  And it's handy for a lot of things.  Cheap and easy to
get.
### And LIGHT too. But it would only work with regard to odor
*absorption*, not with suppression via bacteria inhibition.
Which means your pits, clothes, and pack would soon stink, but
now with crusty white stuff (till the next rain, at any event).
Seems to me it's too light to not *try* though.... And yet (in
thinking about it), by the time you carried enough (to allow for
spillage in application, repeated dosings, and such), you'd be
well above what a trial/trail sized antipersp. stick would run
anyway.
I don't know.......
'toe

=====