[at-l] Antiperspirant

First, the idea of an antiperspirant is particularly poor for hikers.
Perspiration aids your temperature control. If you stop perspiration, you
increase your risk of hyperthermia, heat stroke and infections due to
clogged sweat ducts.

Deodorant might be appropriate while you are heading into a trail town, but
should be industrial strength. The odor is from yeasts and bacteria that
feast on the oils, electrolytes and moisture from your sweat. By giving
yourself a daily sponge bath, you help reduce the feast, the bugs and
remove ticks.

Lotrimin is an excellent petroleum jelly based anti fungal lotion. There
are many others that also help with chafing and other first aid. I'm
divided between generic diaper creme, bag balm and the like. I also get
additional  skin lotions from the combination of sunscreen and DEET I like
to use.

For de-stinking clothes, I like Resolve or similar spray on and laundry
products. A small spray bottle can be kept and used as you approach the
town or a hitch. Try to think of means to make hygiene items that have dual
uses for first aid and the like.

OrangeBug