[at-l] GA RUCK -- Food List -- Update as of GA RUCK Minus 3 days

GA RUCK -- Food & Food Preparation Equipment List -- Update as of GA RUCK
Minus 3 days (1/14/03) at 6:45 PM

*** Food volunteered

** FRIDAY:

* Friday Supper:

A vegetable tray and dip, also a bag of apples or some kind of
fruit. -->Ragamuffin

Homemade bread....probably some Pesto bread and some Buttermilk bread
--> Hummingbird

Vegetarian Basil Kasha-Tomato Soup & homemade bread (most likely sweet
potato) --> Chainsaw

Veggie soup w/ a meat broth base --> Bryan Kramer

** SATURDAY:

* Saturday Breakfast

Wonderful blueberry patch filled pancakes. -->OB

Sausage --> Trailtalker

Some breakfast food (depending on what others sign-up for) --> Chainsaw

5 grain breakfast cereal you just add hot water to  --> bumpkin

* Saturday Supper:

A crock pot with sausage and cheese dip and chips -->Trailtalker

20 servings of minestrone soup    --> 99 44/100 % chance of being there

A bunch of Chili --> Vcat

A pot of vegetarian chili -->Chainsaw

White bean vegetarian chili resembles Texas Caviar -->  wolferrae

Cornbread mixings for the chili --> OB

Tiramisu --> Sunny

General, including condiments:

Some canned drinks, probably a 20 pak, and a gallon of sweet tea -->
Swallowtail

1 shaker each of salt and pepper, some sugar and other sweeteners, and a
container of squeeze butter --> Swallowtail

2 lbs hot chocolate mix, 3 lbs coffee, 2 lbs eggnog cappuccino mix, coffee
creamer --> bumpkin

*** Food Preparation Equipment:

Two 42 cup coffee pots (one for hot water & the other for coffee) & one 11x
21 inch electric grill --> Chainsaw

*** Food service:

Disposable Bowls & Spoons --> Chainsaw

A 3 pak of paper towels --> Swallowtail

Bowls and napkins --> bumpkin

50 bowls, the Hefty styrofoam type --> Ragamuffin

I've still updating daily, given that we are within a week of the event. The
last update will be Wednesday night, or Thursday morning.  I'll bcc the
non-list members, so as not to violate net protocol.

It looks as if Saturday night dinner is still veering toward Chili.
However, anyone can bring any sort of pot luck dish, or side dishes for any
meal.

We still have a number of holes in the food list, which I assume folk will
be signing up to fill, if last year is any indication.  However, if you are
waiting for me to request something from you, it won't happen that way.
Nothing is planned, assigned, required, etc. It is a semi-pot luck -- "semi"
in that you have some idea what others are bringing, "pot luck" in that we
are lucky for whatever gets in the pot.

If folk see a hole in the food list, they can volunteer to fill it and post
what they are bringing, so others don't over-fill the same hole.  For folk
not on the list, I take care of the posting to everyone, if you email me
what you are bringing.

BTW, the remaining holes extend beyond just pot luck dishes for Friday &
Saturday suppers.  Looks as if we could use some breakfast meat, etc.  Not
much beverage has been volunteered, condiments other than (sweetener, salt,
pepper, & butter) are not taken.  If you don't cook, here is a chance to
join in.  BTW -- Deserts don't have to be homemade.

In addition to holes in the food and beverage being volunteered, we are
still a tad short in the disposable flatware, tableware, etc.  Bowls and
spoons for soup and chili are covered.  Hope someone signs up for other
stuff -- again an opportunity for the non-cooks.

Chainsaw