[at-l] Teapot Soups

The company listed on the back of the package I have in my desk (from my em=
ergency lunch stash) is Sahara Natural Foods, inc. A Hain Food Group Compan=
y, 16100 Foothill Blvd., Irwindale, CA 92706.  There is also a "Casbah" bra=
nd on the back.  The Santa Fe Rice and Beans contains 190 calories.   I thi=
nk all of their "soups" are vegetarian.  Alex just provided a website that =
at least shows a photo of the packages.  If you missed it in Alex's post, i=
t's
http://www.tailwinds.org/org/bikefood/bikefood.html

The back of the package also notes that they use 84% less packaging than "p=
aper soup cups" (always a good thing for packing it out).

Ingredients in this one are black beans, red beans, rice, vegetables (tomat=
o, bell peppers, onion, garlic, parsley), chili powder, starch, sea salt, n=
atural flavor spices--in other words, no weird chemicals.  You just put the=
 soup mix in a cup, add 1 cupboiling water, mix, cover, and let stand for 5=
 minutes.   Stir again and eat.  Every one of the packages I've tried is gr=
eat!

Joan---who's not thru hiking and is too lazy to dehydrate for short trips
bluetrail@aol.com