[at-l] Should I cancel?

>> home to view them, however.  I love Ocala too,

The Ocala Trail in January was beautiful...and a breeze
compared to the Knobstone Trail that next July. I was crazy
enough to think July was the right time of year to tackle
that nut? Averaged nine miles and two naps per day on the
Knobstone (which were sorely needed).

I laid down in the dirt in the middle of the Knobstone
Trail for a nap at noon one day. While looking uptrail over
the tops of my feet I spotted a coyote running down the
Knobstone toward me -- looking back behind himself while he
was running. He almost collided with little ol' me laying
on the ground before he saw me. Talk about a surprised
look! Ha.

Well combine that with me mistakenly setting my tent up on
an animal path at the end of the day and a fox running
smack right into my tent at 2:30am. I heard him coming too
-- dada dun, dada dun. dada dun. Ooof! I had that Eureka
Gossamer tent too so the whole fox body landed right on top
of my head in the middle of the night. I got outta the tent
and explained how I was gonna kick some fox butt if I
didn't get some sleep! Well that sure did show the wildlife
of southern Indiana who was boss.

Probably the best AT thru-hike preparation I ever did was
to hike the Knobstone Trail. Didn't make Georgia seem as
difficult as it probably was. Well, there was ice cream and
girls in bikinis at the northern end of the Knobstone. Real
nice country girls way out in the middle of nowhere
Indiana. Some county park with a lake and a concession
stand -- Delaney Park I guess was the name of the place. I
must have drank a dozen Pepsis out of that machine.

Datto