[at-l] RE: Ultralite Stove

I used an emergency stove that utilized hexamine
tablets for the last 700 miles of my AT thru-hike.
The stove seemed to rust fairly quickly, but each
stove cost about $4 and came with 20 hexamine tablets,
so I just replaced the stove every three weeks.  I
figure that for an ordinary thru-hike of six months
duration, the cost of these stoves would only be about
$30 which is much cheaper than any MSR stove.  Plus,
it is reliable and weighs much less.

I definitely recommend them.

Superfeet
GA-ME '02

P.S.  I forget who made the emergency stove now.  I
think you could probably find them at an online
survival gear type of store.