[at-l] Film camera - Point & shoot

My 620+ pics taken in 2001 were done with Nikon's LiteTouch 120 -
awesome pocket camera - uses 35mm film, has a ground glass lense, has a
panorama feature, built well, not too large or heavy [but not as small
as the Canon Elphs, which are very popular lightweight hiker cameras].
 Nikons are not cheap - this model cost me about $189.00 in February of
2001 on sale . . . Not to rekindle all the digital/film debate, but I
also would note that I got my pics "digitalized" and on the web by
simply having my processor make me a photo CD with each roll - about
$6.00 extra per roll.

I also have owned Olympus cameras, and they are very good, too . . . one
thing with pocket cameras that is hard to know until you get out and use
them is how much viewfinder error each model has . . . all pocket
cameras have some viewfinder error, because what you are looking at is
not the same thing the lense is looking at; the error is magnified on
close-ups of people and flowers . . . some cameras are a lot worse than
others here, but most have some faint lines in the viewfinder to help
you minimize the error, and a bit of trial and error [take at least one
sample roll before you leave, with this issue in mind] will help you
figure out how to compensate.

thru-thinker