[at-l] Baxter State Park: Wilder within

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 12:06  AM, Snodrog5@aol.com wrote:
> FYI: Baxter State Park recently built The Birches, an AT long distance
> hiker
> only site with two large lean-tos and a tent platform. The AT only area
> inside Baxter has been moved from beside a parking lot at Daciey Pond
> to a
> more private setting nearer Katahdin.

I stayed at the Birches and thought it was just fine.  It was quite
enjoyable to spend my last night on the trail surrounded by my trail
family around a campfire.  I rather enjoyed the fact that we weren't
right next to a road or in Katahdin Stream campsite with other hikers.

Radar
AT-2002: www.trailjournals.com/gwright
PCT-2004: ?