Shane and [at-l] Self defense on the trail

> I know this isn't a gun list, but being in a particularly prickly
> mood towards "experts" today, I would suggest that while Shane
> may be able to travel to MA with a firearm, it wouldn't be simply
> because he is a non-resident.  Given his expert status, I feel it
> is appropriate to expand on his comments.

The real problem is that my last trip to MA with a firearm was about nine
years ago.  I'm just working with old information...

You shed a lot of light on the subject.

> Shane, If you want to verify this, I suggest you contact Ron
> Glidden, Chief of Police, Lee, MA and chairman of the MA Gun
> Control Advisory Board.  He may be reached at
> "staff@mafseminars.com" and will answer questions.

Mass State Police are supposed to call me back.  The first answer they gave
me was that I could have a firearm, unloaded and secure, while traveling.
The lady wasn't sure about the spray, and referred me somewhere else.  I'll
know by Monday...

Shane