[at-l] Dr. Zimmermand

I like your analysis, except that there is more to life than a thru-hike.

For instance, I am not likely to be a thru-hiker - ever - as there are
other things more important to me. Things like family, friends, community
and service to others. I also wish to have the AT flowing in my veins,
hence I am a serial section hiker.

There are many things to be accomplished in one's lifetime. I prefer to
have a buffet table rather than simply "all you can eat" pancakes at IHOP.
YMMV, and a thru-hike may be exactly what many need to get the confidence
and motivation to assist other goals. I see this as a choice among
priorities, not just a failure or a surrender to fear.

OrangeBug