[at-l] Superfeet question

--
In a message dated 1/10/2003 11:27:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jhoward@everdreamcorp.com writes:

> If anyone used Superfeet inserts on a thru, could you please tell me how
> long they lasted? I was told by a "shoe fit expert" at REI that they'll
> last
> 18 months for the average hiker/backpacker but she was unsure how long a
> pair would last for a thru-hikers daily regimen. I'd like to know ahead of
> time so I can buy them and have them broken in before I leave in March.

While others have had success, I used Superfeet until my feet couldn't stand
it any more and switched to Spenco insoles that offer a lot more cushion.
The Spenco's are about half the price of Superfeet and come with a 1 year
warranty.

If you ask me, Superfeet are highly overrated...

Sly