[at-l] Wrist straps and other things not so obvious...

There are some things that are "obvious" but not true.  For instance, the s=
un revolves around the earth, what goes up must come down, and all men are =
created equal.  All those things seem obvious, but none of them are true.

Perhaps the reason that use of wrist straps is not obvious is because of th=
eir name.  Correct me if I've been using them wrong (but successfully) for =
the last 1,500 miles, but I find the best use of the strap is on the back s=
ide of the hand, not on the wrist.  The strap goes between the thumb and fi=
ngers and around the back of the hand and across my palm with my hand gripp=
ing the handle of my pole.  This lets me push down with the strap without h=
aving to grip the pole tightly.

Maybe this falls in the same category as "grits", that fine southern cuisin=
e.  It's really not gritty.  If they just called it "cream of corn" perhaps=
 more people would try it.