[at-l] =?windows-1252?Q?Aren=92t_you_afraid_you=92ll_run_out_?==?windows-1252?Q?of_oxygen=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F__=28_A_true_story=29?=

I was section hiking on the AT in 2001  when I met an elderly couple at
a road crossing who was just starting a day hike.  The woman was
dropping off her husband who was going to hike 5 miles north and then
get picked up at the next road crossing.  I stopped and had a pleasant
conversation with them for a few minutes.  I inquired about their hiking
plans and they inquired about my hiking plans.  Since he was an elderly
man, I agreed to hike with him until we came to the next road crossing,
thinking there is safety in numbers.   Then I turned to continue on my
hike with her husband.

 At this point I should tell you that I had 2 aluminum Trekking poles in
my hands and a MSR Dromlite water bag inside my backpack with the PVC
hydration hose going to my shoulder strap so I could get water as I
hiked. The elderly woman saw the tubing and politely asked me =93Aren't
you afraid you'll run out of oxygen?=94   I thought =93What are you talking
about?=94.  I must have had a confused look on my face when she as pointed
her finger at the hydration hose and said, =93Your Oxygen, aren't you
afraid you might run out of oxygen?=94.  She thought that the hydration
hose was actually oxygen and that the trekking poles were some kind of
crutches.  True story.  Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Panzer