[at-l] Genuine Thru Hikes---a Last Comment

Shane asked..."I have already admitted that the whole idea of thruhiking is
somewhat alien
to me, but after seeing so much on this particular subject, I have a
question.

Why is this important?"

What I do not understand is why it is important how everyone else hikes or
if they are "telling the truth" about their hike and if they finish.  I only
care what I do.  There will always be people who lie about what they
do. I choose to make that their problem.   I even feel a little sorry for
them. They will not receive all the benefits that we do from our hikes.  In
the end they will not experience the peace, serenity and sense of
accomplishment that hikers receive.  So why bother to waste our time on
them. I just choose to stick with the winners.

I have come to the conclusion that many folks just enjoy the arguing.  Glad
my delete key works.

Hummingbird

---