[at-l] AT Trail System

The reason I suggested that one drops the 2000 mile award for
thru hikes is that it would:

1.  End this stupid discussion about 'purity', honesty, etc.
If you hiked 2000 miles of the AT system then you would get
the rocker.

2.  I have met several thru hikers who would have liked to
hike some of the side trails and didn't.  This award would
give them the option of doing so and still let them hike
their thru hike.

3.  Have a special rocker for those who hike from Springer to
Katahdin.  I think that Jim's suggestion that one starts at
Springer (Katahdin) and hikes to Katahdin (Springer) in one
contimous path is the only requirement.

What a horrible list of reasons, but then I am not an English
major.   But you get the idea.  There are a number of trails
in PA that are connected and it would be advantageous for
those to connect to the AT.  Again there are a number of
other trails in other states.  Hey, it may be even possible
for Felix to Hike the At starting in Bloomington.

Thanks Jim for offering to take this up with the KTA.  I
think it is time for me to join up.  Haven't been a member
for a number of years.  I am going to the ATC 2003 and I
would not be adverse to bring up the idea at that meeting?

Grey Owl