[at-l] AT Trail system (was:Genuineness of ...........)

--
In a message dated 1/8/2003 4:55:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rickboudrie@hotmail.com writes:

> With your approach, the "sides" of this discussion might change but the
> fundamental problem would remain.  We would still have a situation where
> people would feel compelled to suggest that those who "didn't meet the
> ATC's
> definition shouldn't, blah, blah, blah".  We'd still have some other "Jim
> Owen" suggesting that any commentary about applying for a 2000 Miler Award,
> when the "corridor requirements" were not met, would be tanamount to
> screwing a future hiker's right to hike thier own hike.

So get rid of the whole AT recognition thing.
You want a patch or certificate. Make your own unofficial one.
Make it fit your hike. You know what you did, have it say you walked from
Georgia to Maine. That's really all it needs to say.

Russ (hotdog)