[at-l] Hiker resume: time for "skills" emphasis

### honed logistical capacity, for backcountry and for social
events.
### practiced flexibility in the utilization of group and own
resources.
### successful retail experience in high profile brand area of
Fortune 500 company.
### task assessment, bidding, planning and successful execution
of contract exterior and interior painting, including drywall
finish work.

Sly, don't get stuck on a "historical" resume. What skills do
these persons want? Affable, patient, knowledgable? Able to
handle a nutball without a law suit? Able to speak with
confidence about backcountry crises and how to handle 'em? (Able
to unpack that tractor-trailor during the Christmas rush?)

Youda man youda man youda man.

Jeeez, what were we saying about needing to do somethings in our
own lives first?????
Sleeptoe

From: Slyatpct@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 02:56:03 EST

I stopped at the local outfitter this afternoon and asked if
they needed any help.  To my astonishment they said, yeah
looking for a part-timer.

I said ok.  Now what?

Drop off a resume.

Of my backpacking experience?

Whatever.

In the last 25 years I've gone from food/beverage/functions
management to bartendering, to door to door sales, to
bartendering, to house painting, to hiking, to painting, to
hiking, to painting, to hiking, to painting, to retail sales, to
hiking, to looking.

I've also put on numerous clambakes/golf tournaments/dart
tournaments and done a fair bit of traveling.

Without remembering all the details and numbers, etc. what
should I put in my resume?

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.