[at-l] Why off topic, SUV's

--
In a message dated 1/7/2003 2:01:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
morganpaulw@hotmail.com writes:

> Don't worry about the SUV body being too large and
> high and overweight for the frame.  The size of the vehicle commands a high
> price.  As a result the manufacturers get great profits from poor design.

        ***   Beyond that design flaws overlap into other areas like tires.
In the last week here in Florida 2 SUV's had blowouts and rolled over out on
Interstate 75 killing several people and badly injuring the others. Part of
the reason, in our cheapen-down corporate world, is that ordinary tires were
not made for such stresses and loads. Real world results are proving them
inadequate. I-75 has a 70mph speed limit causing the stock tires used on
SUV's to overheat and shed their tread at high speed. Their top-heavyness
then causes a roll-over at 75mph+...