[at-l] size

Rhino,

Interesting topic considering the thread about SUV's.  Lighten up guys.  I =
am 6'6" and weigh over 250 lbs.  I have my pack weight down to 35 lbs with =
5 days of food.  I go through a lot of water in a day so I end up carrying =
2.r liters with me.

The real savings in weigh comes from ditching the tent (I sleep under a tar=
p from the months of March through October) and the sleeping bag (I carry a=
 light blanket to sleep under duing the months of April through late Septem=
ber).  I do not skimp on clothing, especially in the transition times (earl=
y spring and late fall).  I have started a hike with the temperature in the=
 low sixties and 6 hours later have the temperature drop below freezing.  A=
 good way to die.  I always carry a flannel shirt.  The shirt is warm and r=
eally nice to put on at the end of a long day of hiking in cool weather.

Grey Owl