[at-l] Re: Why off topic, SUV's

Good Afternoon,

Back from a great holiday break and back to a somewhat normal workload right
now; kind of like a lemming fresh back from a swim...

The SUV article is full of inaccuracies.  I won't go into them (you're
welcome), but it's a pretty clear example of fitting the research to the
position of the "reporter".  My Chevy Tahoe (SWB version of a Suburban)
weighs 4,800 lbs (not 4 tons), gets the same gas mileage as our old Mercury
Villager, can tow a boat without dropping a transmission (unlike our old
Mercury Villager), and holds nine people (had it full this weekend) instead
of seven.

I've taken a poll (and we all know how painful that can be), and almost
everyone who now thinks I'm an a$$ho!e SUV driver thought I was an a$$ho!e
minivan driver.  Or an a$$ho!e pedestrian, for that matter.  The results are
uncanny.

Take Care,

Tim (who enjoys Weary's post-signature phrasing so much he's attempting
same)