[at-l] take it easy on me

<< I feel the pull every spring,
when do you start preparing for such a thing?

Rhino>>

In some ways I started preparing when I first heard about the AT. I was
twelve <vbg>. It only took me twenty more years to get to a thru-hike.
Seriously, you do all kinds of detailed planning, and then find out about
the fine art of "winging it". I won't say the plans come to naught, (they
do nicely occupy your time before you leave), but they're secondary. You've
spent some time in the woods, so you know how your gear works, and that
helps. Being in some kind of decent shape before starting helps too.
Neither is a requirement. If you stick to the trail long enough it will
make all the required changes in you. I think you're good to go now!

skeeter