[at-l] Narrowing Down the Digital Camera Search

--

I know the megapixel debate was discussed to megadeath, but here's some mor=
e input:
Make sure your support staff knows how to download your pics and mails your=
 memory stick back to you in a timely manner.  They should have a list of a=
ll your maildrop locations and approximate dates.  You'll be SOL if your me=
mory stick doesn't arrive on time.
How techno-savvy are your support team?  How likely are they to erase your =
memory stick without saving the images?
Do you have a backup plan if your digital camera is lost/ stolen/ defective=
/ not up to the task?  I felt like quitting my PCT hike when a marmot stole=
 my camera at Raes Lakes.  I had a smaller camera in my bounce box, and I w=
as able to take pictures after Yosemite.
Some of the newer digital cameras have sound and video capabilities - typic=
ally 30 second clips.  I thought this was a gimmick until I saw Troubador's=
 video on his digital camera at Old Faithful on the CDT.  He warned me that=
 the Idaho CDT section just outside Yellowstone NP had some 20 ft deep trou=
ghs on the trail to keep ATVs off the trail.  He tried to run up & down one=
 of these troughs with the digital recording on.  The film clip was hysteri=
cal, and he was able to show it to me on the CDT.
Have fun out there!
Camel AT 98

Starman PCT 00

Tim CDT 02