Re[2]: [at-l] Genuineness........

>...It's a shame someone can't try and retrace Myron or Earl's hike and not be
>considered a 2000-miler." thinks Sly.

It would be a fascinating walk, but I suspect no one knows the precise route
either took. And even if they could find out, it would involve far more road
walking than most would want to do, these days. Nor could such a walk meet the
current criteria -- though it's my impression that anything anyone claims is
okay with ATC. I suspect it is not necessary to lie. Just tell ATC precisely
what you did and I'll bet they will send you a certificate and sell you a patch.
I suspect that the nature of thru-hiker accomplishments rank near the bottom of
the conference's priorities -- and properly so.

 Weary