[at-l] Genuineness of Contemporary Thru-hikes

--
In a message dated 1/5/2003 1:40:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jplynch@crosslink.net writes:

> The ATC does not recognize 'thru-hikers', but the
> common definition seems to be someone who has achieved 2000-miler status
> in one year.

I have a friend that hiked the entire trail in '97 with the exception of
Three Ridges and took the Mau-Har cutoff instead.  With your  opinion above,
he'd be neither, but I see him as being both.

The endless debate continues....

Sly