[at-l] Genuineness of a Pure 'Jagged' Thru-hike.

This is a response to recent subject threads defining Thru-hikes, whether
they are even possible, and whether hikers do as they claim; they quickly
become boring.

All such posts seem to overlook something.  People lie.  People hike.
Hikers lie.

I'm not saying that all hikers lie, but it seems naive to assert the
opposite; that no hiker ever lies.  Just because someone enjoys the same
things you do, does not mean they are as honest, less honest, or any more
honest than you are.  They may be, in other ways, mere mortals.

I recall, at work, asking colleagues who, from time to time, complained
about how lousy the job had become, whether the job had actually changed or
whether we merely finally realized how lousy it had always been.  Have
hikers only recently started to lie, or have there always been hikers
willing to lie about their accomplishments?

Steve  (I'm going to read about gear lists now.)