Re[2]: [at-l] Story about 'Jagged'

>"...Does that mean that the others didn't enjoy it?" asks Felix.

I would hope so. Some seemed to. Others struck me as engaged in a most
unpleasant activity that they couldn't seem to give up. What do you think?

Actually, I don't even know whether all of us unpure types "enjoy(ed) working
our way north." I know I did. Many of the others I met sure "seemed" to be
enjoying themselves. Though a few seemed to find the trail a chore that they had
to get through for some reason. The happiest of all seemed to me to be those who
had long since given up on trying to reach Katahdin, but were just enjoying the
time they had left.

 As a general rule I would urge anyone with the luxury of a six months vacation
 to use it in ways that maximize their enjoyment both of their time on the trail
 and of their memories of the trail in the years thereafter, though for some
 those may be conflicting goals.

 Weary