[at-l] Leave of Absence

I certainly don't know the particulars in this case and I'm not trying
make a legal point, but in my personal experience as a manager with
folks resigning is that expecting to take your two weeks vacation
immediately
after giving your two weeks notice is what I would call burning the
bridge
behind you.
<snip>

At our employer, once you give your notice (minimum one month per
employement agreement), you cannot take any accrued vacation, AND it's at
employer's discretion whether or not they pay you for any accrued vacation
after the fact.  Works well for them - don't tick em off on the way out and
you'll get paid for your vacation days.  When I originally worked out my LOA
for 2002, they were willing to let me go on a 2 month vacation, which turned
into a LOA as soon as the last vacation hour was spent.

Ed