[at-l] Mice and other pleasantries.....

Am glad that Shane beat me to the punch.... the best way to avoid the mice
that infest trail shelters is to avoid, whenever possible, the shelters.

Reminds me, tho, of one of the more bizarre things I've witnessed on the
Trail... was woken up one fine morning by the wails and gasps of disgust
emanating from the young lady who discovered that a mouse had chosen to give
birth during the night inside her pack.  Imagine rummaging thru your stuff
first thing in the morning when you're not altogether awake, and finding
eight little pinkies wriggling around amidst your bagels. Yeah, what a great
experience and what an appetizing thought just before breakfast!

    On the other hand, it significantly brightened up the morning oatmeal.
Here's to Peromyscus maniculatus.........the other white meat!

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf