[at-l] Food For Thought - WOAH - Go Easy On Me! :)

woah - those don't sound like the local shop folk around these parts -
and while we got to where we could spot the people who only wanted my
advice and a chance to look over in person what they were set on buying
mailorder, we never treated a customer any different because of it - in
fact, if I established some rapport with the person, I would bring the
price issue up if I thought that was the only thing holding them back -
local shops have to get creative - like having special sales for repeat
customers, doing [useful] clinics, repeat buyer discount cards, cheerful
warranty and return service, special order service, real help with
fittings, etc.

In the end, there can be legit. differences of opinion re what to take,
how to use it, etc. - but the main thing is to always try to help people
out when they come to your shop! :)

thru-thinker