[at-l] Holiday greetings

--
Hello all,

Thought that I would delurk after about five years to wish everyone a Merry
Christmas.There are still many familiar voices on the list (Felix, Jim &
Ginny & others), but many more that I have yet to meet. For those who don't
know me, I thru hiked in '97. One of the richest experiences of my life -
also one of the most costly. I think that my journal may be found in the
archives or on Kathy Bilton's web page.

Many things have changed since my hike - Janice & I never did shake out all
of our problems, so we decided to call it quits and got divorced in 2001. We
remain the closest of friends. I moved from rural Pennsylvania to NYC to
pursue a masters in classical Chinese medicine. I currently live in
Brooklyn, and work in Manhattan doing various types of eastern and western
bodywork and teaching qi gong, jujitsu and massage.

It is possible that the trail was what initiated the many changes in my
life, but I suspect that the need for change is what compelled me to hike
when I did. I'm amazed that many of the lessons I learned on the trail are
still unfolding for me. The lessons most apparent have to do with the
rhythms of continual change that one experiences in life. I believe that it
was written in the Tao Te Jing that the only constant in life is change.
Change may be viewed as positive or negative, but I've found that for me it
is probably best to not judge it, but to embrace it, because change is
inevitable.

Due to a crazy schedule I didn't hike at all in 2002. Commitments to school,
martial arts training and attending to my clients used up most of my time.
That may change in 2003. Hopefully I'll start by making it to the Ruck in
January. If I do, I'll be sure to make time available to talk to future thru
hikers - to give you my slant on what it takes to keep putting one foot in
front of the other for the length of the trail. I may even bring my shiatsu
mat if anyone is interested.
I spend a lot of my time at a place in New York called the Movement Salon -
http://movementsalon.com/welcome/welcome.html
A place that seems to be a magnet for people who are looking to bring change
into their lives. If you happen to be coming to the city, please drop me a
line and come and check us out. (Just in case you were wondering, this isn't
a plug for business, I hang out here because it is great community.)

For those of you who celebrate, I wish you a very merry Christmas.

Life is still good,

Bob Seiler
ATW '97