[at-l] 2002 AT hiking reports

Hello again

This is a follow-up to my previous post on Journals and Albums.

Since getting back from Maine in September (besides training for a marathon
next April) I have been busy as a bee fixing up my web site and "renovating"
all my hiking reports.  This has helped with my temporary "withdrawal" from
hiking, by allowing me to relive all my hikes as I go back and fix up the
reports.

The main difference is to integrate many more pictures into the narrative.
I have also made an effort to make it easier on folks with low bandwidth to
get through.  This was done by making most of the images smaller (so they
load faster) but at the same time linking them to the full size image by
allowing you to click on the image in the report.  In effect each picture is
a thumb-nail for a larger version.  I have also broken up the reports
internally so you can start reading the first part, while the later part is
still loading.

Besides working on the reports I have also ly reorganized my home page to
make navigation much easier and more intuitive (or so I hope).

Why would you want to read these?

1) You're at work on the Monday before Christmas and no one else is there
and you'd love to do ANYTHING but work.

2) You like to see more of the pictures that weren't there before.

3) You planning to be in the mid-Atlantic or New England sections in 2003 or
2004 and want some ideas.

4) You like to read everything written by anyone about the AT.

5) You want to see if there are some factual errors so you can call my
attention to it (them) (was that Route 25 in Glenncliff? - no that was Route
25A. No it wasn't. Yes it was.)

Whatever the reason, here's the url for my hiking page.  Adventurous surfers
can also find my running page if that's your interest.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2h6gy/papabear/Home_hiking.html

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season and a great New Years.

Pb