[at-l] And, for moore ears

Four years ago this morning, Alice and Marty took me back to
Hot Springs. It was raining/sleeting. Marty was drivin'. We
met Wingfoot at the restaurant (Smoky Mountain Diner, me
tinks). Alice and Marty ate a ran. Wingfoot and I had a
nice, long chat. It confirmed what I've always said: I like
Wingfoot. It also confirmed something I wasn't sure about: I
wasn't going to join ATML when I got home. I am not the type
of guy Wingfoot wanted on his list. I am probably not the
guy a lot of you want
on this list. I digress. Anyway, I knew that the message I
would bring back from my hike wasn't the message that Dan
was gonna want on the list. I realized that over coffee.
(PLEASE: Don't start another WF discussion. I only brought
it up because it was part of the hike...and, he paid for
breakfast)

I left town in a cool drizzle, a little past noon. Walking
out of the last trailtown was a bittersweet thing. It was
dark and cold when I sat down on a Bluff Mt rock for a
Snickers Bar. It was much darker and
colder when I got to Roaring Fork Shelter. I think it was a
little after 8. There was another guy in the shelter,
asleep. I quickly woke him. We had a nice long chat. He was
a mind doctor of some sort. I
played with his while he studied mine. (Minds, that is). It
got VERY cold that night. It warmed up enough to be raining
the next morning, though....Hey, that would be "4 Years ago
tomorrow." Must stop
now...

--
Felix Navidad