[at-l] Best NY section hike? All of it!

--
In a message dated 12/21/02 1:17:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
papabear.nyc@verizon.net writes:

> Access to the end points may entail some study of bus schedules.  I know
> there are some busses (one stops right at the trail on Route 17 in
> Harriman) at the south end, and you could call a cab and get shuttled to
> the train station from the north end.

       Access to the south end is available via the NJ Transit bus #197 from
the Port Authority bus terminal in New York, and a short walk up the State
Line Trail.  The north end is very close to the Harlem Valley-Wingdale train
station of Metro-North, where service is provided every two hours.  You could
either take a cab there or walk back a short distance on the A.T. and the
Green Trail, which leads right there.

                   Daniel Chazin