[at-l] Escalante

> No you don't understand me correctly, I think all that BLM land should be
> sold to the users. But if not then the people using it had generations long
> rights to using that land and it was secretly pulled away from them with no
> warning.
>
> Bryan

	Absolutely. Let's release all lands to the original users. Where do you
live again? Which tribe would that be?

	Regarding the 'secret pulling away of use' you allude to, a couple of
quote from the webpage /you/ provided -

"The boundaries of the monument were carefully drawn to exclude as much
private land--as well as the towns of Escalante, Boulder, Kanab, and
Tropic- -as possible. The national monument designation applies only to
Federal land, and does not apply to the approximately 9,000 acres of
private land within the boundaries of the monument. Private landowners
will continue to have existing rights of access to their property. If
they wish, landowners may pursue land exchanges with the BLM, which
would enable them to trade land within the monument for land of equal
value outside the area."

	So no private or state lands were 'pulled way'.

"Existing uses under Federal or State laws--such as hunting, camping,
travel, hiking, backpacking and other recreational activities--will
continue. Grazing permits remain in effect under current policies and
rules."

	And the traditional uses of granted by "generations long rights"
continue.

	What exactly are you objecting to?

	Ron, who's wondering how Bryan feels about the criminalizing of
marijuana, which took away the generations long rights of hemp
farmers...
--

must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas