[at-l] Really OT: Gov ain't good or bad

 So the guy in Maine keeps his house and the
> fellow in Florida is robbed of his money. Democrats in action.

Well ok I can agree with you, provided you are willing to apply your
rational consistently across the board. I wont get into the fact that when
the guy in Florida has his house blown away or washed away by a hurricane,
the guy in Maine should have the right to expect that none of his tax money
should got to the guy in Florida, or to the city he lives in, or to the
utilities there to help them rebuild. Instead we will stick to medical care.
Ok no public money shouldn't provide universal health care, it's charity and
should only be doled out buy those that want to and can afford it. But if
it's applied universally, it really wouldn't matter much, because there
would fewer hospitals, since there would be no tax breaks or grants from the
government to Hospitals; but of coursed there wouldn't be much need for
hospitals because there would be far fewer doctors since there would be no
grants or government student loans; but than why would there be a need for
doctors the pharmaceutical companies would be doing less R&D because there
tax breaks, and research grants would go away; and of course there would be
less folks that had insurance because insurance companies tax breaks would
go away; but that wouldn't matter because employers would loose research
grants and tax breaks so there employees wouldn't have insurance as a
benefit; and of course there would be less college graduates for the same
reason there are less doctors; but that wouldn't matter because there would
be fewer colleges, because colleges shouldn't get government charity either.
What it comes down to is one way or the other folks with health care
coverage are receiving government charity now, it's getting by day by day,
paycheck to paycheck that can't afford insurance, and work hard to stay off
charity that gets nothing, but gets to foot part of the bill for the folks
that have coverage, or that want to live on the dole.
I guess the moral is if you can't get rich working winters, quit working get
some dope, and spend your summers collecting welfare checks and hiking the
AT with medical coverage.
Heck I'd much rather hike than work.