[at-l] Really OT: Gov ain't good or bad

I don't know how this belongs on AT-l, but I haven't heard much reality
in these descriptions. It is illegal for a person in labor or an
emergency to be turned away from the ER, thanks to laws enacted by
Republican administrations. Currently, ER physicians are the only
non-felons required to provide services without reimbursement.

However, once the non-emergency is identified, the door to the highway
opens wide. Otherwise, no ER's would continue to exist in much of the
country. As it is, the Blue Mountain Saga should alert hikers of
declining access to emergency services for the sort of routine hiker
injuries we suffer.

Bill...