[at-l] Sunrise...

--

...on Mt. Washington.
http://www.mountwashington.org/cam/north/index.html  And a balmy 20
degrees.  I really like the new North camera.

Cosmo

Sunset ain't so bad, either :O)
 <A HREF=3D"http://www.mountwashington.org/cam/north/index.html#";>Mount Was=
hington Observatory: North View Webcam</A>
Summit Conditions as of 3:34 PM EST
Temp
22.9=C2=B0F  Wind
W9 MPH  Gust
11 MPH  Wind Chill
13=C2=B0F

Observer's Comments
Wednesday 11:40am
The coastline was so clearly visible this morning that I felt as if I were =
on
the beach. Not many sights can top the bright orange glow the sun gives to
the Atlantic Ocean on these clear Mount Washington mornings. Impressive sit=
es
surround us in all directions. From the snow covered peaks of Adams and
Jefferson, to the rugged Mahoosuc range, to the sharp Franconia ridge line,
and the distant tips of the Adirondacks=E2=80=A6 I could view this landscap=
e a
million time and would still become breathless on every occasion.
Jeff De Rosa - Intern Wednesday 4:30am
If I never get to the moon I won't be so disappointed because last night wa=
what my mind has always conceived of what it would look and feel like. Not =
cloud in the sky and the nearing full moonlight reflecting off of the
subliming rime ice gave a glow to the ground offset by the empty darkness o=
the surrounding night. It was hard to believe that I was still on the plane=
t,
wearing only a winter jacket and not a space suit. The silence of the night
was broken only by the occasional rime ice falling from the antennas and
buildings on the summit, bringing me back to Earth and the necessary weathe=
observation.
Kirk Spelman - Observer