From: Steve Landis [mailto:sgl17013@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 5:31 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] AT Funding

--- Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> You can also get Friend of the Smokies license
> plates in NC.  I don't know
> how much they've raised, but I would imagine it's
> about the same as TN.

Not quite...
from http://www.friendsofthesmokies.org/index.shtml

Another Record Quarter for North Carolina Smokies
Plates

(Waynesville, NC - November 15, 2002) - Friends of
Great Smoky Mountains National Park has received a
check for $33,400 from the State of North Carolina for
sales of the Friends of the Smokies specialty license
plate for July through September. This is the largest
quarterly payment so far and a forty-five percent
increase over the same quarter last year.

For the year, the Friends of the Smokies specialty
plates have brought in an annual record of $107,760
<snip>

Steve