[at-l] AT Suggestions

--
In a message dated 12/17/2002 7:45:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vhoyt@attbi.com writes:

> I'd suggest starting at Harpers and walking south. I did that a couple of
> years ago, and it was great. I started a little earlier, and missed some of
> the spring blooming. June is better for that.

The only problem I see with this is that he'll be walking against a sea of
humanity and the main thrust of AT thru-hikers.  The shelters will be full
and he'll be competing for space.

On the otherhand, walking north from Springer, although not empty, he'll have
more of the trail to himself, during a time the wildflowers and rhodies will
be in bloom.  Not quite as exquisite as northern New England, the southern
Appalachians are still grand.

Sly