[at-l] On Topic Quote

> My point is that the scope of MacKaye's vision was based
> on a false premise of there being a problem in the first
> place.

The problem he wrote about was perceived by very many people thought the
romantic period.  It can be argued that this was not a 'real' problem, but
rather a social one.  I, personally, perceive that the problems outlined by
MacKaye do still exist; although not necessarily in the same way or to the
same degree.

The solution to these 'problems'?  2000 years of modern civilization have
not come up with the perfect answer, and I wouldn't dare try to propose one.
Some things work for some, and others for others.  For some the answer was -
and still is - the trail.  For some it's faith.  For still others it's
something else entirely.

Shane