[at-l] Re: Drinking Sea Water......

### at-l listers should know that Karl has forgotten more about
electrolyte requirements than any of us could remember.

### That said, Karl, isn't your post/reply a bit of a tease? I'm
guessing that there *is* an internet site or three that, in your
discerning eyes, carries the ball a bit better than the
liteweight thing that I posted.... (And just to be clear, I
personally am *very* interested in the material, and consider
myself to be at a low ebb in terms of its recall: I could use
the refresher. Mistakes suck, after all.)

--- Karl and Daniela <karl.dani@attbi.com> wrote:
> One of the problems with lifting stuff from internet sites is
> that there is no quality control.  The stuff below has some
facts but also some mis-information and does not provide a
complete picture of electrolyte requirements.  If you want good
information, ignore the stuff below and check out the book:

> Macroelements, Water, and Electrolytes in Sports Nutrition
> edited by Driskell and Wolinsky, 1999 CRC Press,  ISBN
> 0-8493-8196-7
>
> Karl King

make urine that is less salty than salt water. Therefore, to get
rid of all the excess salt taken in by drinking salt water, you
have to urinate more water than you drank, so you die of dehydration.