[at-l] My Packlist for AT Starting Jan 2nd

Depends. If I am trying to wash a wound and remove dirt and other foreign
objects. I use my Platypus bag and tubing to irrigate the area. While it is
bleeding, your body is helping to irrigate dirt out of the area, but I'd
prefer a little trapped dirt to uncontrolled bleeding. After it is clean,
swab some of the Polar Pure on the wound, air dry and then cover with a
dressing. I prefer duct tape, as it is far more adhesive in more
temperature and weather conditions than most bandaids. This allows you to
make a pressure dressing for a bleeder a lot easier.

For most wounds, once bleeding is controlled, I prefer a clear dressing
(bio occlusive) over gauze and duct tape - which your liquid bandage is
likely to provide. It heals quicker and makes a smaller scar (looking at
this year's souvenir of the NJ/NY state line).

I like the thermometer and whistle. That lousy compass can save you a few
hours wandering after a toilet break - which way was I going?

But find a way to keep that little kit on you at all times.

OrangeBug