[at-l] My Packlist for AT Starting Jan 2nd

W F Thorneloe wrote:
>I'd like you to add: Food and detail of your first aid kit. But that is
>just my personal obsession.

Here is my First Aid Kit:

    2 pair Latex gloves         1.5
    4 4x4" Guaze Pads           .75
    12 Bandaids Asstd sizes     .25
    4 moist towelletes w/ some
       sort of solution in them .5
    LED light                   .25
    Duct Tape wrapped around
       cardboard                .5
    Pill box with 10 each:
         Tylenol
         Asprin
         Benadryl sinus         1
    Liquid Bandaid              1.5
Total                          6.5

>I didn't see what shell you plan on using, hopefully not the silnylon rain
>gear. That would get very hot during rain, leaving you with the problems of
>sweating and chilling from evaporation.

I plan on using the Poncho most of the time.  The sil suit is for very windy
conditions when the poncho is not enough.

>I'm not sure you need the extra bottoms, except this might help you >extend
>the comfort zone of your sleeping bag.

Exactly and for a little buffer zone in case the other is not enough/ too
wet.

>I am a bit concerned with the sleeping pad combination - I hope you will
>sleep one night on some concrete with your system. If you stay warm (not
>comfortable, just warm) then you ought to do alright. I'd suggest something
>along the line of a thick Ridgerest and maybe something home made with
>Reflectix - dash board protector.

I'll try your experiment and see. I think it should be fine.

>I don't know that snow shoes will be all that useful in GA and NC. Instep
>crampons are a very good idea.

Well we shall see.  Depends entirely on the snowpack this year.  I can
always send them home.  I will be carrying hex screws (see earlier post)

Thanks for the input

Ron