[at-l] Re: Correction [at-l] cash/travellers cheques/shiny stones?

--
In a message dated 12/15/2002 12:44:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lparker@cacaphony.net writes:
> If you get in a fix
> and need to rent a car for instance, you better have a credit card for the
> deposit, they WILL NOT accept a debit card no matter how much money you
> have
> in the bank. You can pay with a debit card when you return the vehicle, but
> they want a credit card for the deposit and they can tell the difference as
> soon as they read the card.

I don't have a credit card. I did rent a car to go to the Gathering and they
took my debit card. They just put a hold on the amount of the deposit. It was
Budget Rental.

amy