[at-l] (Guest Post) condensation in tent?

You don't really mention where you are and exactly how cold it is outside
the tent. Whether you are tenting on snow or rock. You do say the problem
occurs inside the shelter though, but that weather makes no difference. Do
you mean by that the temperature outside or the humidity, rain, snow, etc.?

Basic rule of thumb is that when the temperature outside drops below
freezing, go to a thicker pad. When it drops below zero, you need both a
Z-Rest AND Thermarest pad. Sleep on both of them.

Some of the other suggestions you received mentioned ventilating the tent
more. I wouldn't recommend this in your situation. You don't indicate you
are being troubled by condensation in the tent which is the only thing
venting the tent is going to help. By the time airflow in the tent is
sufficient to prevent condensation on under your sleeping bag, you will have
lowered the efficiency of your sleeping bag several tens of degrees due to
wind chill. At least you won't be sweating any more...<G>.

I have a very high metabolism and sweat quite a bit as a result. I have
experienced the same problem and found that the only real solution is to
regulate the temperature in the sleeping bag. Normally this means that I go
to sleep with it at least partially unzipped and when I become uncomfortable
enough with the cold I generally wake up and zip it up some. This cuts down
on the moisture accumulation quite a bit.

Lee I Joe

--
Once I knew where I was going, but now I have forgotten.  Sometimes my mind
wanders.  Sometimes it goes