[at-l] hitching in CO

Colorado was, by far, the worst state I've seen for
hitching to and from the trail.  Most of the cars
passing you had CO license plates.  Most of my rides
in CO were from out of staters.  The people of New
Mexico and Wyoming were great for hitching.  In fact,
when I reached the first forest service road in WY, a
car stopped to offer me a ride and water, and I wasn't
even hitching!

It seems that CO residents only travel by wheels.
Almost all the CO natives I met on the CDT wizzed by
me on bikes.  Most of the people I met were out of
state Colorado Trail hikers or New Mexico hikers
escaping the closed trails in NM.  I met very few CO
natives on the trail in CO on foot.

It should be interesting in a few years when the least
successful hitch hiker in the history of the AT
(Mags!) meets the worst hitching state.

Camel AT 98
Starman PCT 00
Tim CDT 02