[at-l] CO hitching was....Lynne Wheldon Gear

--
In a message dated 12/13/2002 10:00:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kdpo@pacbell.net writes:

> She picked you up too. She must be looking for CDT hikers

LOL...  Although we had our share of women picking us up,  it wasn't until we
started hiking with SwissMiss that the rides came easy.

It was funny when the six of us hit a road, most of the men would just sit
down while the girls did the hitching.  At first we were a little
apprehensive hitching as a group, but it worked out fine and never had to
wait all that long.  Occasionally, we had to split up when someone pulled
over and could only take some of us, but the others were always shortly
behind.

We shared some great times, all piled in the back of pick up trucks.   I
remember one time in particular when 5 of us, with packs, jammed into a
smallish SUV.  The driver hardly spoke a word as we were trying to fit us all
in.  Once inside, I immediately thanked him for the ride and mentioned that
he may start to smell some mighty rotten hikers.  A few seconds later all the
power windows went down.  We laughed and then apoligized.

Sly