[at-l] Hiking Advice (2)

I made myself promise myself ahead of time that I wouldnt quit in
Georgia. I got the the state line, sat in that cool tree there for an
hour or two, considered how far I'd have to walk to quit then and there,
and decided just to keep going. it worked for me - if someone else wants
to do it, please steal the idea =-)

later, the walking wounded all came to different understandings of what
it would take to quit....I think if I remember right I had to have 7
days in a row where I didnt have any fun at all. I ended up trying to
quit in vermont (I walked how far to quit? sheesh), but the wounded
caught me, and bullied me into going on...and i love them for it. =-)

--sugardaddy